Coach Checklist - Get Your Program Started
Implement your esports program with 5 easy steps. Use this list to get your program started.
Step 1: Sign up on PlayVS
- Sign up at PlayVS.com and create an account.
- Provide your email and contact information.
- Schedule a call with a PlayVS representative. Invite key stakeholders.
Step 2: Get your Administration’s Approval
- Meet with your admin and provide justification for an esports program.
- Designate a place and time to compete.
- Check school calendars for schedule conflicts.
Step 3: Connect with your IT Department
- Provide the school’s IP public address.
- Unblock the games in the internet filter and firewall.
- Download and install games.
- Plan for weekly game updates throughout the season.
- Provide match schedule and location to your IT department.
Step 4: Determine your Program’s Capacity
- Host an interest meeting. Establish the number of players for each esport.
- Determine the amount of computers. Consider your space and IT capabilities.
- Recruit assistant coaches and determine coach schedules and roles.
Step 5: Build your Program
- Host tryouts to determine teams and student leaders.
- Start fundraising for new equipment or jerseys.
- Make announcements on social media and during morning announcements.
- Display flyers with game information.
- Invite and verify players and coaches on PlayVS.com.
Coach Checklist - Get Ready to Compete
After you complete the 5 steps, you can take your program to the next level. Use this list to enhance your esports program.
Step 1: Onboard Players and Create Teams
- Help all players create and connect PlayVS accounts
- Review in-game names for appropriateness
- Assign player esports
- Add players to rosters
- Determine substitutes
Step 2: Additional Steps to Consider
- Review PlayVS rulebooks and resources
- Register PlayVS as a vendor for purchase orders if needed
- Collect equipment including computers and peripherals
- Connect your Discord account to PlayVS
- Complete school profile and add a school logo
Level Up Your Program
- Contact local press about your new program
- Encourage local and rival schools to build their own programs
- Host mini tournaments
- Analyze gameplay and matches
- Pair new players with veteran players for mentorship
- Scrimmage against other schools to practice different strategies
- Host a parent night or esports night
- Connect with our mailing list and socials
Student Leadership and Management Teams
- Team captains
- Graphic design - esports logo/website
- Apparel design - jersey design
- Streaming and broadcasting - host and cast games
- Social media managers