Prior to PlayVS Verification
Sign Up at PlayVS
Visit PlayVS.com and click the ‘Request to Coach’ or ‘Sign Up’ button to start the process. You will be taken through our onboarding process to designate a coach.
Select “I’m a School”
Click ‘Get Started’ to get your coach profile set up. You can invite students to create an account once you finish onboarding.
Create Coach Profile
Fill out your information
- School email
- Please enter a valid email address from your school’s domain.
- Create a password
- Your school:
If your school is not in our system:
- Check different spellings and abbreviations
- Still not there? Fill in the name and click ‘Add your school.’
Waiting for PlayVS Verification
Verify your Email Address
Check your email for a message from PlayVS. If you cannot find one, please look in the SPAM folder. We use emails throughout the season to communicate.
Schedule a Call
Reach out to talk with a PlayVS representative. You can schedule a call through a link in your email or at email@example.com.
Complete Your Coach Profile
Fill out your information
- Choose whether you or another person will be the head coach. You will be able to add assistant coaches later through your dashboard.
- Provide a phone number for us to contact you.
- Choose a role that best fits your position at your school.
Note: Activity Sponsors/Coaches must be employed by the school.
While waiting for your PlayVS verification, you can invite players to your school by using emails.
After PlayVS Verification
Once PlayVS verifies your school, you may complete your school and coach profiles in your settings menu.
Update Your Account with Contact Information
- We send information through email and chat messages. An accurate email will help ensure you receive weekly updates and any important messages. Please check your SPAM folder, if you do not see information throughout the season.
- Provide a current and accurate match day phone number. In case of a match issue, PlayVS representatives may need to reach you.
- Connecting a Discord account will allow you to chat with other coaches from your state and across the nation. You can set up practice matches, contact opponents, and ask questions to our community.
Complete Your School’s Profile
Fill out school and team information
- Fill in your school’s mascot information. Upload an image that can be used on the PlayVS platform as your school’s profile picture.
- There are two options for payment with PlayVS.
- School pays. This means PlayVS can invoice a school or a school can pay via credit card. Many schools choose this option and allow students to pay the school. You will be invoiced about 2-3 weeks after the first week of regular season. You will receive 30 season passes and be able to build your team now.
PlayVS Tip: Check with your school’s protocol for purchase orders and invoices.
- Students pay. This means each individual student must pay for a season pass through the PlayVS platform. They can only pay via credit card, but they will get a shareable link to send to people to help pay. Students must pay before the first game of regular season. You cannot place students on teams until they have paid.
- School release time and match days allow our system to suggest reschedule times.
- School participation allows PlayVS to plan for your support.
Coaches must be faculty members unless otherwise stated by your state association. You may invite coaches through the coach section. If you have a coach sign up, you must approve that coach.
Note: A faculty member must be present at all PlayVS official matches. Players may not be added or considered as coaches.
Connect with your IT support staff to fill out your IT support information. Providing accurate IT contact information can help with getting your computers set up and game day issues.
Need help? Please reach out through our chat in the bottom right corner. We have trained IT staff to help you gather this information.
School computer information will help unlock the games for your school. PlayVS needs to have a current and correct IP address from your IT department in order to verify your program.