By participating in the PlayVS league, you are agreeing to the terms of this Code of Conduct. PlayVS is committed to providing the best player experience in high school esports. To ensure the best player experience, all players are expected to display good sportsmanship as outlined below.
Standards of Behavior:
All members of the player community are expected to:
- Be respectful to all players, coaches, PlayVS League Officials, and any other person in contact with the player before, during, or after the match time.
- Use appropriate language in any chat or communication channels.
- Play with integrity to the game, team, and sport. This includes properly completing objectives and match completion.
- Be present for a match on campus at the PlayVS approved time.
- Follow all PlayVS league protocol listed in the PlayVS rulebooks.
In abiding by PlayVS Standards of Behavior, all members of the player community are expected to refrain from:
- Any kind of hate speech such as homophobia, sexism, racism, and ableism.
- Any inappropriate language including using abbreviations, symbols, or phonetic spellings. Inappropriate includes, but is not limited to, language that is obscene, foul, vulgar, insulting, threatening, abusive, libelous, slanderous, defamatory or otherwise offensive or objectionable.
- Any kind of taunting or excessive celebration.
- Intentionally ruining the game for other players. This includes leaving the match or game once the Game of Record is determined, stalling the game with farming or excessive pausing, or unnecessarily disruptive language or emotes in any chat or communication channel.
- Inappropriate in-game name, account, or image for game clients or PlayVS accounts.
- Tardiness to a match. Matches may only be rescheduled by the PlayVS League Officials and school coach. Matches should start by the time listed in the PlayVS client.
- Using multiple accounts, including changing the Summoner Name for League of Legends. All in-game accounts used during the PlayVS season must be connected in the PlayVS client. Alternate accounts should not be used for PlayVS matches. Players may only play on the account connected in their PlayVS settings.
- Playing off campus or from home. Playing without a coach present in the match room.
Levels of Consequences
Unsportsmanlike behavior may result in disciplinary actions. League Officials at all times may act with the necessary authority to preserve the best interests of the league. League Officials may in their reasonable discretion impose any of the following penalties depending on the severity, intent, and frequency of the inappropriate behavior:
Level 1 Consequence: Official verbal or written warning, written record of misconduct, request to change inappropriate names.
Level 2 Consequence: Official verbal or written warning, written record of misconduct, required to change inappropriate names, 1 week suspension, and/or forfeit of the match.
Level 3 Consequence: Official verbal or written warning, written record of misconduct, suspension or banning players for the season or permanently, and/or forfeiting of all associated matches (no refund, full or partial, of registration fee).
Finality of Decisions
All decisions regarding the interpretation of these rules, player eligibility, scheduling and staging of the league, and penalties for misconduct, lie solely with PlayVS, the decisions of which are final. PlayVS decisions with respect to these Rules cannot be appealed and shall not give rise to any claim for monetary damages or any other legal or equitable remedy.