Match Day Overview
- Teams will have 30 minutes after the match start time to join the lobby. Failure to do so will result in forfeit.
- We strongly encourage coaches to communicate regularly with opposing coaches via the PlayVS Coach Discord server, email, or phone. Opponent coach contact information is displayed in the Coach’s Match Overview.
- The first player into the lobby will be the Lobby Leader. The Lobby Leader has side selection for the game 1 and must start the game immediately after both teams indicate through chat that they are ready to play. The opponent team will have side selection for game 2.
- Matches include two games. Each game has a different game code.
a. Game codes will be updated in Mission Control for players. If the Game Code button is incorrect you may copy the code on the left side.
b. If given a Blind Pick code from PlayVS, you will receive a second Blind Pick code for game 2 in Mission Control.
- The status of each game may display as: Completed, Quarantined, or Live. Our Match Status Guide lists all possible match statuses.
Completed - The match correctly ended and stats will be shown.
Quarantined - The match has an issue that needs to be reviewed by you and PlayVS League Officials. You will receive a notification to correct any reasons for quarantined match.
Common reasons for quarantined matches:
1. At least one player used an unconnected Summoner Name.
2. A team used an incorrect Game Code.
3. Technical difficulties.
Live - The match did not end due to technical difficulties. The issue must be reviewed by PlayVS League Officials. Submit a Support ticket by following the directions in our Reporting Guide.
- Mid-Match Substitutions are now available. Follow the directions in our Substitution Guide to correctly substitute players.
IT Steps: Day of match (at least 1 hour before)
- Restart each computer.
- Update the patch for the game by logging into Rocket League on each computer.
PlayVS Tip: Use student leaders or assistant coaches to check your tech.
- Give your IT department a heads up and have them on standby if any technical issues come up during matches.
PlayVS Tip: Give your season schedule to the IT department to ensure that network maintenance does not interfere with game days.
Match Setup Steps – At match time
- Each player must log in their account at www.playvs.com. Then go to the ‘My Teams’ drop-down menu in the left sidebar and click ‘Schedule.’
- In Mission Control, click the “Copy Game One Code” button at match start time. The Tournament Code will automatically be copied.
PlayVS Tip: Players will need to get a new code between game 1 and game 2. Keep PlayVS Player Dashboard open and use alt+tab to toggle between the game client and PlayVS platform.
- Each player will open League of Legends client. Make sure players log in to the game client with the account that matches the summoner name they put in their PlayVS profile.
- Click play and select the trophy button in the top right corner.
- Enter Tournament code (copy and paste from www.playvs.com).
- Join the lobby in order (Top, Jungle, Mid, ADC, Support).
Helpful Guides for Game Day:
Printable version of League of Legends Game Day Protocol
Codes of Conduct and Rulebooks
IT Troubleshooting Guide
How to Submit a Ticket
Match Status Guide