Match Day Overview
- Teams will have 30 minutes after the match start time to join the lobby. Failure to do so will result in forfeit.
- We strongly encourage coaches to communicate regularly with opposing coaches via the PlayVS Coach Discord server, email, or phone. Opponent coach contact information is displayed in the Coach’s Match Overview.
- The status of each game may display as: Completed, Quarantined, or Live. Our Match Status Guide lists all possible match statuses.
Completed - The match correctly ended and stats will be shown.
Quarantined - The match has an issue that needs to be reviewed by you and PlayVS League Officials. You will receive a notification to correct any reasons for quarantined match.
Common reasons for quarantined matches:
1. At least one player used an unconnected in-game name.
2. Technical difficulties.
Live - The match did not end due to technical difficulties. The issue must be reviewed by PlayVS League Officials. Submit a Support ticket by following the directions in our Reporting Guide.
- You are scheduled for two back to back games against the same opponent. Once Game 1 ends, you will immediately receive another invite for Game 2 in the SMITE client.
- Mid-Match Substitutions are now available. Follow the directions in our Substitution Guide to correctly substitute players.
IT Steps: Day of match (at least 1 hour before)
- Restart each computer.
- Update the patch for the game by logging into SMITE on each computer.
PlayVS Tip: Use student leaders or assistant coaches to check your tech.
- Give your IT department a heads up and have them on standby if any technical issues come up during matches.
PlayVS Tip: Give your season schedule to the IT department to ensure that network maintenance does not interfere with game days.
Match Setup Steps – At match time
- In order to start the match correctly, all players (including any subs that are playing for the day) must be correctly placed on the starting roster at the scheduled time of match. Only the 5 players on the roster will receive the match invite in the game client.
- Players must have the SMITE client open 5 minutes before the scheduled match time to receive the invite in the game client.
Note: The invite will NOT be shown on PlayVS.
- Once the invite pops up, all players must immediately click the blue ‘Accept’ button to start the game.
- Players will receive all the characters within this custom game to compete on Game Days.
- If the match does not start correctly, please have players go back to their PlayVS connections panel to check they have linked the correct SMITE account, using their in-game name.
- Players will automatically receive another invite for the game after they all exit the SMITE lobby.
Helpful Guides for Game Day:
Printable version of SMITE Game Day Protocol
Codes of Conduct and Rulebooks
IT Troubleshooting Guide
How to Submit a Ticket
Match Status Guide