Match Day Overview
- Teams will have 30 minutes after the match start time to join the lobby. Failure to do so will result in forfeit.
- We strongly encourage coaches to communicate regularly with opposing coaches via the PlayVS Coach Discord server, email, or phone. Opponent coach contact information is displayed in the Coach’s Match Overview.
- Players need to log out of previous Steam accounts on shared devices. Log back in through the Steam client using the correct account. Check the account name on the bottom left of Rocket League client.
- The status of each game may display as: Completed, Quarantined, or Live. Our Match Status Guide lists all possible match statuses.
Completed - The match correctly ended and stats will be shown.
Quarantined - The match has an issue that needs to be reviewed by you and PlayVS League Officials. You will receive a notification to correct any reasons for a quarantined match.
Common reasons for quarantined matches:
1. At least one player used an unconnected in-game name.
2. Technical difficulties.
Live - The match did not end due to technical difficulties. The issue must be reviewed by PlayVS League Officials. Submit a Support ticket by following the directions in our Reporting Guide.
- You are scheduled for back to back games against the same opponent. Once Game 1 ends, you will immediately receive another invite for Game 2 in the Rocket League client.
- Mid-Match Substitutions are now available. Follow the directions in our Substitution Guide to correctly substitute players.
- Not receiving game invitations?
Common issues to check for:
1) Players have their game account connected through their PlayVS account.
2) Players are logged into Rocket League.
3) Players are logged in to exactly the account they’ve listed on PlayVS.
4) Players are listed on the active roster.
IT Steps: Day of match (at least 1 hour before)
- Restart each computer.
- Update the patch for the game by logging into Rocket League on each computer.
PlayVS Tip: Use student leaders or assistant coaches to check your tech.
- Give your IT department a heads up and have them on standby if any technical issues come up during matches.
PlayVS Tip: Give your season schedule to the IT department to ensure that network maintenance does not interfere with game days.
Match Setup Steps – At match time
- In order to start the match correctly, all players (including any subs that are playing for the day) must be correctly placed on the starting roster at the scheduled time of match. Only the 3 players on the roster will receive the match invite in the game client.
- Players must have the Rocket League client open 5 minutes before the scheduled match time to receive the invite in the game client.
Note: The invite will NOT be shown on PlayVS.
- The invitation will display in the bottom right corner of the Rocket League client. Players may click the green check mark or the person icon.
- Once all players accept the invitation and join the match, the game will start.
- Players will automatically receive another invite for the next game in the notifications.
Helpful Guides for Game Day:
Printable version of Rocket League Game Day Protocol
Codes of Conduct and Rulebooks
IT Troubleshooting Guide
How to Submit a Ticket
Match Status Guide