The Coach Dashboard is where you manage your players and teams. You must complete each of these steps to be ready for the Spring 2020 Season. Please reach out to PlayVS, via our Help Center, if you have any questions or issues.
Click here for our printable version.
Additional Material: Transitioning to a New Season
Access your account information by going to the icon in the left corner. Click ‘Settings’ in the drop-down menu. In ‘My Account,’ you may update your name, phone number, avatar, and password. NOTE: You may not edit your email. Submit a Support Ticket to update your email address.
Verify your Email
After signing up for your account you will receive an email to verify your PlayVS-linked email address. If you do not see one within 24 hours, check your spam folder.
Check Your School’s Information
Update your school’s information in the ‘School Info’ section. You may edit your school name, mascot, and billing preferences.
You may invite other faculty members to be coaches for your team. Activity sponsors/coaches must be employed by the school to be eligible. Each coach will have access to all players, teams, and settings for the school.
Click ‘Overview’ in the left sidebar menu. Go to the ‘Grow Your Program’ section in the left-bottom corner. Click the gray button labeled ‘Invite coaches.’
This will send you to the ‘Refer a coach’ page. Use your coaches’ emails to invite them to our platform or simply copy our share link to refer them through any other means.
Check your IT Info
Make sure your ‘IT Info’ is up-to-date with current IT contact information and IP addresses. IP addresses can be listed with a comma or a range. Providing accurate IT contact information can help with getting your computers set up and resolve any potential match day issues.
Our participation fees are referred to as Season Passes. Season Passes for Spring 2020 cost $64 plus tax per player. See our Billing Guide for more information about payment types and options.
Invoices will be sent out after the registration deadline and are based on the number of players with enrolled players. The ‘Manage Players’ section displays a quote based on the number of enrolled players. Fill out a Support Ticket if a player needs to be unenrolled for the season. This will remove the Season Pass.
How to Invite Players
There are two options for inviting players. Check our rulebooks for player eligibility.
Click ‘Overview’ in the left sidebar menu. Go to the ‘Grow Your Program’ section in the left-bottom corner. Click the orange button labeled ‘Invite Players.’ This will route you to the 'Invite students' page displayed below.
The ‘Teams & Players’ button in your left sidebar gives you access to invite and verify players.
Click on the ‘Manage Players’ tab to view your list of current players and the invite players option.
Inviting players will send an email to the player inciting them to begin their onboarding process. Use your players’ email to invite them to our platform or utilize our share link. Visit our Player Dashboard Guide for more information about onboarding players.
- At the top of the ‘Verify Players’ section, click the ‘Invite Players’ button
- Type the player’s email into the ‘Invite Player’ box.
- Click the ‘Send’ button on the bottom of the screen.
How to Verify Players
The ‘Teams & Players’ button in your left sidebar gives you access to verify and enroll players.
Click on the ‘Manage Players’ tab to see your list of unverified, verified, and denied players.
Check out this quick video about managing players on the PlayVS
A player must be verified in order to place them on a team.
- Find players in the ‘Unverified Players’ section.
- Check your players’ names for accuracy.
- Check images and usernames:
a. Usernames may not contain vulgarities or obscenities.
b. Images may not contain nudity, vulgarities, or obscenities.
- Click ‘Verify Player’ and you should see the player switch to the ‘Verified Player’ section.
Denied players cannot be on your rosters or used as substitutes.
- Unverified players may be denied by selecting the deny button.
- You may deny players in the verify players section. Click the three dots on the far right and select ‘Deny Player’. Note: Players already placed on teams must be removed prior to denial. Fill out a Support Ticket if a player needs to be unenrolled for the season.
- To reverify denied players, scroll to the bottom section. Denied players will be listed. Use the three dots to click ‘Verify Player’ and add the player to the verified player section. This makes them eligible to be placed on a roster.
How to Enroll a Player
The ‘Teams & Players' button in your left sidebar gives you access to enroll players and assign an esport.
Click on the ‘Manage Players’ tab to view your list of verified players.
Enrolling a player places them in a league for your school. Coaches may unenroll players up to the registration deadline. Contact PlayVS to unenroll players after the registration deadline via a Support Ticket or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Choose the Spring 2020 season in the season drop-down menu.
- Find players in the ‘Verified Players’ section.
- Under the Season Pass column, click the orange ‘Enroll for Spring 2020’ button.
- Select the esports the player will participate in for Spring 2020. Players may play in one paid and one free esport. Click ‘Save Changes’ to confirm enrollment.
Unenrolling a player removes the Season Pass. This means players are no longer enrolled in the Spring 2020 season and cannot be added to a team. This must be completed by the registration deadline.
1. Remove the player from any team. Follow the steps in Assigning Players to Teams.
2. Go to Manage Players. Select ‘View Season Pass’ for the player you are unenrolling.
3. Select the esport the player is leaving.
4. Confirm removal of the player’s Season Pass by clicking ‘Save Changs.’
Assigning Players to an Esport
Players must be assigned to an esport in order to add them to teams.
Go to the ‘Manage Players’ tab to view available players.
Check that the player has been verified and enrolled.
Click the ‘Select an Esport’ drop-down menu under the ‘Season Pass’ column.
Choose the esport that the player will participate in for Spring 2020. A player may only play one esport per season.
- After the registration deadline, players cannot be removed from the esport.
How to Activate a Team
The ‘Teams & Players’ button in your left sidebar gives you access to player and team management. Click the button to go to your ‘Manage Teams’ page.
Check out this short video about building teams on PlayVS
Creating New Teams
Adding a new team can be done in the ‘Manage Team’ tab.
- Choose the Spring 2020 season in the season drop-down menu.
- Check on the far right that your are on the correct esport. Click the drop-down menu to change the esport.
- Click the ‘Create New Team’ button in the top right.
- Choose a name for your team. Click the three dots to rename your team.
NOTE: You will not be able to delete or rename a team once it has been activated.
- Fill out your roster! See the Assigning Players to Teams section for more information.
- Once your roster is complete, click ‘Activate’ to register your team and be placed on the schedule. You will still be able to switch players and use substitutes.
Assigning Players to Teams
Players must be verified and enrolled before they can be assigned to a team.
Players must be assigned an esport before they can be added to a team. See the Assigning Players to Esports section for more information.
Go to the ‘Manage Teams’ tab. Choose the esport in the drop-down menu on the right.
Click ‘Add Player’ in the team box.
- Choose the player for the position.
- Click the three dots to the right of player position to change a remove a player.
NOTE: To add subs, the player must be assigned to an esport and left in ‘Verified Players’ section. Check our Substitution Guide for more information.
Changing Players’ Esport
Players may only play one esport per season, however, you can change the assigned esport. Esports will be locked in for each player by the registration deadline.
Before joining a team, a player’s esport can be changed in the ‘Verified Players’ section. Click the drop-down menu and choose a different esport.
After joining a team, the player must removed from a team before the esport can be changed.
a. Go to the ‘Manage Teams’ tab.
b. Find the player and click the three vertical dots.
c. Choose ‘Remove Player’ in the drop-down menu.
d. Return to the ‘Manage Players’ tab and change the esport by the player.
Transitioning to a New Season
To transition from Fall 2019 to Spring 2020, schools have a season drop-down menu in Teams & Players.
Click ‘Spring 2020’ in the top right of the ‘Manage Players.’ Fall 2019 players are automatically verified with the same PlayVS account information. Coaches will enroll the players in the Spring 2020 season and select an esport.
Click ‘Spring 2020’ in the top right of ‘Manage Teams.’ Fall 2019 teams are automatically listed. Coaches may rename teams and add players. Once the team is ready, click ‘Activate’ to enroll the team into the Spring 2020 season.