Disclaimer: This policy covers current operations in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
As schools move forward with the 2020-21 school year, we want to provide the best experience possible for all teams. For this reason, we are continuing to allow our schools to play from home. Check with your district administrator and state association for local regulations on after school activities.
Play from Home Guidelines
Coaches provide contact information to opponents. You should give updated phone numbers and emails that you will check during your match. We’d prefer cell phone numbers, so your opponents may easily contact you.
Plan extra start time. Organizing a team may take a little longer than 30 minutes. Please communicate with opponent coaches about travel time or other delays.
- Be online with your players. Not all of our game titles allow spectators; however you can still watch your players in various ways.
- Utilize a chat app like Discord, Remind, or at the least an email thread.
- Spectate or follow one of your players streams.
- If you play a custom match, send the results to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use the PlayVS connected in-game names. Our system does not support console accounts for League of Legends, Overwatch and SMITE. Players should use the same in-game name as an on-campus match.
- Player Equipment. All of our game-titles are played on PCs (with the exception of Fortnite, which can be played cross-platform). Players can download and access the game clients by following our Game Download Instructions.
If your players do not have adequate equipment or internet access, please contact us here.
- Only Coaches may submit game results and behavior reports to Support. We prefer to do most communication about match related issues with our Coaches; including behavior reporting and match result updates. Players may not submit official match results if there is an outage or a custom match needs to be created. If a player submits a behavior report, the coach must be cc'ed in the recipients to maintain transparency.
While nothing beats being on-campus with a dedicated coach, we hope to provide high-quality matches while schools are closed. We will be monitoring the situation and strictly enforcing behavior reports, in-game names, and other roster violations. Please be respectful and patient with your opponents and reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.
What should I do if my players only have access to a console, not a PC, at home? Please reach out to Support and we will assist you.
Does PlayVS offer phone support? We do not. The best way to contact us is by email or through our chat feature in the PlayVS dashboard.
Questions? We are here to support you. Reach out to us at email@example.com.