Scrimmages are unofficial matches played through the PlayVS platform. You’ll use the same steps you’d use to enter a league match. The only difference is while stats will be recorded and reported for each scrimmage, they will not count towards your league standings or profile.
Scrimmages are managed in the Scrimmage section of the Coach dashboard. Select the Scrimmage tab to view and manage upcoming and past scrimmages. Coaches may join other teams’ scrimmages from this section, or create their own.
Teams should follow the same game day protocols as our official matches. However, scrimmage rules are modified to allow more practice flexibility. Any questions or concerns may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Players may play from home. We recommend that the same in-game names are used to prevent quarantine matches.
- Coaches are not required at match time. Scrimmages must be created and agreed upon by coaches. We recommend that coaches monitor players for skill-building and feedback.
- Coaches communicate with PlayVS. All behavior reports, match errors, or any other PlayVS interactions should be communicated by the coach.
- Follow Player and Coach Codes of Conduct. Interactions between players and coaches should reflect positive behavior and sportsmanship.
- Scrimmages cannot be rescheduled and forfeited. If you are unable to complete the match, cancel the match either in the Scrimmage section or the match’s Mission Control. Teams have up to two hours to play the match before it is automatically canceled.
Read more about canceling scrimmages in our Scrimmage Guide.
How do I manage my Scrimmages?
Scrimmages are managed in your new Scrimmage section. Click here to read more about creating, joining, and canceling your scrimmage matches.
Are scrimmage stats reported on my Team Profile?
The purpose of these scrimmage matches is to provide your teams with an organized practice match environment. Scrimmage stats will not be used for official standings or statistics. They will not be reported on your teams’ profiles.
Can I scout my scrimmage opponent?
Coaches and players may view opponent stats from our official League of Legends matches. Click ‘View Opponent’ to view the Team Profile. Read more about scouting in our How to Scout my League of Legends Opponent guide.
Can we play on consoles?
Players may use consoles for scrimmages. Our game invitations do not support consoles. You’ll need to play a custom match. Collaborate with the opposing coach to determine the custom match setup. Since it is a scrimmage, there’s no need to send us your results.
Click here to read how to set up a custom match.
Can our team scrimmage teams in other leagues?
Simple answer - yes! Just share your scrim link. Any PlayVS team may use it to join your match.