A guide for using our Scrimmage feature on the PlayVS platform.
Scrimmages are a vital part of practices. PlayVS allows teams to request or join scrimmages with other PlayVS teams, allowing teams to experience additional matchday-like competition on their own schedule, multiple times a week.
Scrimmages are unofficial matches played through the PlayVS platform. You’ll use the same steps you’d use to enter a league match. The only difference is while stats will be recorded and reported for each scrimmage, they will not count towards your league standings or profile.
Scrimmages are managed in the Scrimmage section of the Coach dashboard. Select the Scrimmage tab to view and manage upcoming and past scrimmages. Coaches may join other teams’ scrimmages from this section, or create their own.
Create a New Scrimmage
Coaches may create new scrimmages through our Scrimmage section. Any scrimmages that need opponents will display for opposing coaches in their ‘Available Scrimmages’ section. Share your scrim link to play with any PlayVS team.
Teams may only play one scrimmage per hour. Matches default to the number of games as official matches. League of Legends and SMITE are a set of two games. Rocket League is a best of five games.
To create a new scrimmage match:
- Select the Scrimmage tab in the left sidebar.
- Click ‘Create Scrimmage’ in the right top corner.
- Fill out the necessary fields for your specific scrimmage, including esport, team name, and desired date and time.
- Click ‘Publish’ to make your scrimmage available for other teams.
- Share the link by clicking and pasting the link into Discord, emails, or other chat apps.
- Share directly after a scrimmage is created in the notification bar.
- Share later in My Scrimmages. Click the gray ‘Share’ button in the Scrimmage match description.
Canceling a Scrimmage
Coaches may cancel a scrimmage directly in the Scrimmage section. Scrimmages with an opponent may be canceled through the match’s Mission Control. You will not be penalized for canceling a match.
Cancel a Scrimmage in Scrimmage section:
- Locate the scrimmage you would like to cancel in the Scrimmage tab.
- Select the three dots on the right side of the scrimmage.
- Click ‘Cancel Scrimmage.’ Then confirm by clicking ‘Delete.’
Cancel a Scrimmage in Schedule:
- Locate the scrimmage you would like to cancel in the Schedule tab.
- Select the scrimmage match listed in ‘Upcoming.’
- Click ‘Cancel Match’ in the ‘Manage Match’ section. Confirm the cancellation.
Joining a Scrimmage
Coaches can browse all available scrimmages created by opponents in the Scrimmage section.
To join a match:
- Use the arrows to scroll through the available scrimmage matches.
- Select ‘Join’ to be added to the scrimmage match.
- Choose your team for the match and confirm.
- View upcoming scrimmages in your Scrimmage or Schedule sections. Click on the scrimmage to view the match details.
What rules or guidelines should we follow for scrimmages?
Teams should follow the same game day protocols as our official matches. However, scrimmage rules are modified to allow more practice flexibility. Click here to read our Scrimmage Rules and Guidelines.
Where do players see our scrimmage match?
Scheduled scrimmage matches display in the Schedule section for players. They will not be able to see available or created matches.
Can our team scrimmage teams in other leagues?
Simple answer - yes! Just share your scrim link. Any PlayVS team may use it to join your match.
Can my teams scrimmage each other?
Teams from the same school may scrimmage each other. Follow the same steps by for joining a match; use the link or available scrimmage list.
Are scrimmage stats reported on my Team Profile?
The purpose of these scrimmage matches is to provide your teams with an organized practice match environment. Scrimmage stats will not be used for official standings or statistics. They will not be reported on your teams’ profiles.
Can I scout my scrimmage opponent?
Coaches and players may view opponent stats from our official League of Legends matches. Click ‘View Opponent’ to view the Team Profile. Read more about scouting in our How to Scout my League of Legends Opponent guide.
Want more scrimmage information? Read our Scrimmage blog.